Friday, July 14, 2006

The final Behrens lab picnic

Every year there is a Behrens lab picnic. Since Tim is leaving this year, this would probably be the final one. :-(





Everyone seemed to have a good time, I think. We had pork and chicken from Famous Dave's BBQ, and some people played frisbee or ladder golf. We presented Tim with a lab picture that was signed by everyone in the lab.

Then, Tim gave one of his famous poems. Apparently, when people would leave the lab, Tim would write a poem--actually a rap!--about them. This poem was a little different, since Tim mentioned almost everyone, but only briefly because of time. And Tim decided not to rap it. But someday I hope to see my boss hitting the beat.

We had water balloons, but no one was able to hit Tim. Most of the water balloons were used up by the children, who were perfectly content to see the balloons explode by throwing them straight at the ground, or by squeezing them very tightly . . .








The finale at the picnic was a game of kickball. That's right: Kickball! I hadn't played since elementary school, so I was totally psyched up for this. I actually had one really good kick, but my team still lost by a lot. I hope Tim wasn't too disappointed.

No comments: