Sunday, October 10, 2010

A simple life in LA

I have been in LA since September 12. Even though I've had a lot of errands related to moving, my life is simpler now than in Seattle, because I've maintained a low profile.

From Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Before I left Seattle, I saw this car and had to snap a picture. It reminds me of the animated movie, "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs."





Everything I brought fit into my car's trunk.

From left to right, there's a bag of clothes, a windbreaker, my suitcase with some books and toiletries, a big box of papers, a small green bag with my laptop and iPad, some snacks, a mini-drawer with office supplies, a Jelly Belly jar with some knickknacks, a mesh bag with some dirty clothes, and a bag with a couple pairs of shoes.

I was really happy to fit my belongings, but it's still too much for me. For example, I can digitize my papers. I hope to be able to move and carry everything with me, like a hitchhiker or an old-fashioned journeyman. In spite of this goal, I have no plans to leave LA.

From Moving back to LA
In Seattle, I spent many days working on my laptop at Panera Bread. So, in LA, one of the first things I did was look for the nearest Panera. Thankfully, I live only 1.5 miles from one! Next door is a Starbucks, so I'm sure there's a healthy competition going on.

No comments: