Monday, March 14, 2011

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!

I've mentioned that I live with my cousin Mark. One pleasant surprise of living with relatives is that I get to meet other relatives . . . who are not relatives.

From Grandma's birthday
For example, in Seattle are my Uncle Paul and Auntie Nancy; Uncle Paul is my blood relative. However, while living in Seattle, I also got to meet Auntie Nancy's side. (Here are "Uncle Wai," "Auntie Janice," and my mom at Grandma's birthday party.)

Back to LA: My Uncle John and Auntie Valerie live here; Uncle John is my blood relative. But recently, Auntie Valerie's niece Tish was visiting, and I was invited to the family dinner.

The dinner was held at "Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant" near Knott's Berry Farm. The restaurant is a Southern California icon, and it was my first time there.



Relatives! Shown here are Tish's family (husband + 2 kids), Valerie's kids (+ their kids), and me (right side, second from the back).




From Dinner w/Tish et al.
More relatives! Besides John and Val, here are Tish's parents and Tish's husband's parents.

I was grateful that I got to meet everyone, even if we're not related by family. (But genetically, we all share at least 99% of our genetic code!)

And, yes, I was grateful also for the chicken dinner. Yummy!

No comments: