Sunday, June 25, 2006

Visiting Caltech for graduation

The weekend of June 9, I went to Caltech's Commencement (graduation). Three people in my old lab graduated: (l to r) Eric, Eun Jung, and Jessica! And, yes, I'm wearing my reflective biking vest . . .

The brown thing in the bottom of the pic is chocolate fondue.

A lot of my undergrad friends also graduated. Overall, I think I knew more people graduating this year than in my own year! From the many pics, I have chosen to show Melisa's. I really like her "Victory"/"Peace" gesture; it's very familiar.





The next day, I flew from LA to Sacramento for my high school's 11-year reunion. I'm really glad I went, but I regret not taking any pics! I hope to eventually find and post a group one. For now, just marvel at the unclaimed luggage at the Sacramento airport . . .





The next day I flew back to LA and spent a few hours with Caltech friends before flying back to MN. Here, Brian is playing with Marena's bird. I don't remember who's sitting up straight: Brian or the bird.

No comments: