Monday, September 18, 2006

Some more pictures I never got to . . .

Here are some pictures (pre-Genentech) that I wanted to share.

This was our beloved family cat, the late Furry Hom.



Tyson and I playing frisbee golf!









A peanut-butter smoothie from P.B. loco, in the Mall of America. It was okay . . .










My friend Kurt at the Mall of America. Kurt works at the "Your Body Repair Shop." It's owned by Kurt's Christian mentor.




Jordan Thomas and I at Arby's. Jordan is starting a new church in Tennessee! Jordan was really great about talking to me about his faith. I'll try to read that book soon, Jordan!



The Japanese garden at the Huntington Gardens in Pasadena. And a pretty flower from there.










Go to this park near my house, in the winter. Look across the grass, toward the setting sun, and you will see that spider webs fill the entire lawn. Woah.







I usually insist on pictures being in focus; I need to let go of that. Here are Caltech friends at an anime convention many years ago. They're reacting to the way an audience member asked a question: it was a bit over-the-top. This out-of-focus picture always makes me smile.

Last but not least, it's my sister, Mary! She's studying at the University of Cambridge in England.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey... I didn't know you played frisbee golf... we should play sometime if I'm ever in the area.

Jennifer said...

Hey, Geoff! I found ya (I remembered you were linked at One Another...so I tracked ya down). ;)

Hey, did you get my email? Hope things are going well, and I'll talk to you later...

Yen

Geoff Hom said...

Hi Jason. Yeah, it would be good to (frisbee) golf and chat. As my late father might say, it's like poor man's golf. :-)

But if you really came here . . . well, I guess that would be a good test for me to trust in God's sovereignty and love for me, as I understand it is promised in the Bible. You can even stay in my room!