Saturday, August 16, 2008

My first full week in Seattle

Well, I made it through the first week! My goal was to work a solid 40+ hours on programming, as opposed to 40+ hours of movies, video games, napping, etc. I did okay. My cousin Jason and I have been watching a lot of the Olympics, which I've really enjoyed. And on Friday I took a 4-hour nap, so that wasn't so good. It has been really hot here, and it is more humid than I'm used to. (Friday was a high of 90°F, compared to an average high of 74°F, I think.)

I did a little programming--80 lines--but I'm expecting to go slow at first, because I have so much to learn. I'll talk about my programming more after I've finished more.

Overall, I have been trying to keep a simple life here. I haven't driven my car since I arrived. At the same time, I've gotten to see most of my relatives up here. I was especially happy to see Baby Jubilee ("Little Jujube"). I added her blog to my links (sidebar, under "Other Blogs").

I should have some Seattle photos eventually. If anyone has any requests, please let me know. Here is a photo of my old landlord in SF, Terence. He's playing Wii Fit for the first time. :-) I lived with Terence and his family for two years; it sure went by fast!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting topics could give you more visitors to your site. So Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

my feed reader spies techer activity! hey, Geoff. :)

Geoff Hom said...

Kevin . . . can you be more specific? Kevin Ko? Kevin Bartz? And there was an earlier Kevin . . . Kevin Tseng, I think. Any way, send me an e-mail at geoffhom@gmail. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Geoff,

Good to see you're blogging again! As always, I look forward to hearing all about your adventures in Seattle! Best of luck learning about programming... a simple, clean environment (with a large whiteboard) has always served me well. :)