Monday, November 17, 2008

11th-hour sunset

I was wondering what picture I would post this week. I meant to take one of Auntie Muriel and Uncle Ron before they went back to Fresno, but I forgot.

From Gorditos
On Thursday, I had dinner with a couple of friends from grad school: Ryan (and his wife Stephanie) and Possu. We ate at an inexpensive Mexican restaurant called Gorditos. The burritos at Gorditos are so big that people compare them to babies. They even have pictures there.

The baby vs. burrito picture was funny, but I wanted something less staged. On Saturday, I took Grandma to church for a class. Outside her porch was this bok-choy plant; I like how you can tell that it has been harvested several times.

From Sunset, Seattle CBC
The partially eaten bok-choy plant was nice, but there was something better in store. The church (Seattle Chinese Baptist Church) is on a hill, and I love the view. Even though there was lots of rain early in the week, Saturday was sunny! We arrived at church to witness a sunset and a potpourri of clouds. Yes!

1 comment:

asdf said...

if you wanted nice pictures, you should have come down to LA. although it smells bad... the smoke makes the sun & moon pretty...