Sunday, May 28, 2006

I'm going to Genentech. (Anyone want to go on a cross-country trip?)

I've decided to follow my boss to Genentech. I will be doing a postdoc in his new lab there. When I start to think about the research prospects there, I get pretty excited!

I haven't picked a start date yet, but it should be between July 10 and August 10. Also, my cousin Chris is getting married in Seattle on July 22. So, I've got this plan for a cross-country trip brewing:
  • Buy a car in MN
  • Finish work in MN by mid-July
  • Drive from Minneapolis to Seattle for the wedding
  • Spend a few days visiting relatives in Seattle
  • Drive from Seattle to South SF in time to start my new postdoc
I think the trip would be really fun with one or two friends. If anyone's even slightly interested in possibly driving with me, please let me know. Cost shouldn't be an issue: I can bear the lion's share of the expenses if need be. You could also come for just one leg of the trip.

By the way, if anyone knows of an apartment/room for rent in the areas of South SF, San Bruno, Millbrae, Brisbane, Hillsborough, etc., please let me know.

No comments: