Saturday, September 20, 2008

Taking Grandma to the Puyallup Fair

Puyallup is a city just south of Seattle. There is a big fair in Puyallup every year. I took Grandma on Monday. Since the fair is so big, we needed Grandma's wheelchair. One of Grandma's friends, Ms. Green, came with us and pushed Grandma around, so I got to roam around by myself. Ms. Green, thank you! (By the way, I wear that super-bright, neon-green shirt when I think people may need to find me in a crowded place. I got it at the Game Developers Conference.)

The Puyallup Fair has some big-name entertainment. They had concerts for Casting Crowns, Kid Rock, Fergie, and Carrie Underwood. They even had Michael W. Smith and Stephen Curtis Chapman on the same night! (Actually, that's tonight!) However, I decided to pass on the concerts this year.

There was also a huge vendor show with lots of interesting items: clever tools, mops, chamois, irons, sewing machines, cookware, teeth whitenings . . .

From Puyallup Fair
There was also a lot of farm stuff, like: A pumpkin weighing over 1000 pounds. Kids shearing sheep and spinning wool into yarn. A llama. (In the picture, notice that he is posing just like the diagram in the background.)

Another fun part of the fair is the food. I skipped it this time, but I know Grandma really liked the sweet corn and a BBQ sandwich.

And then there's all the carnival games and rides! Well, plenty to do next year!

You can see all the pictures I took by clicking on one of the pictures here.

No comments: