Saturday, September 27, 2008

Dinner with Possu Huang

An old friend from the Mayo lab is doing a postdoc in Seattle. His name is Possu. Last Thursday, Possu and I met up for dinner at Macaroni Grill. (My cousin Bruce and his wife Tammi gave me a gift certificate. Thank you, guys!)





From Possu Huang
Possu is quite the Renaissance man. Not only does Possu have a Ph.D. in Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics (same as I), but he can program, draw, take good photos, and he still keeps up with his violin. Possu is also my go-to guy for info on everything Apple (because friends who are actually at Apple are under NDA: Non-Disclosure Agreement).

Possu and I disagree on some big things, like political preference and our approach to finding God/Truth, but we still get along well. That's probably because Possu is a very easy-going guy (as long as you don't mess with his Audi).

From Mayo lab (9/01-9/02)
In the pictures, you can see Possu drawing a violin and his Audi--using *crayons* at the Macaroni Grill table! (They supplied the crayons and paper.) The bottom picture was taken by Possu in 2002; I still use it often as my profile picture. "Victory!" (Or, "Peace!")

Possu, I hope your research goes well! Keep up the hard work!

No comments: