Saturday, October 04, 2008

Car hopping

So I am renting a room in my cousin Jason's condo. It seems like a good setup so far, and we both are learning more about each other. Jason is in the Army Reserve, and he left today for a month of training and vacation.

The condo complex has 17 units but only 6 assigned parking spaces. However, there is ample street parking. What is really funny is that Jason's condo has 2 assigned spaces! Jason has only one car, but I think he doesn't want to deal with the hassle/liability of renting out his other space. Anyway, every day Jason parks so as to occupy both of his spaces:

From Jason's car
Can you imagine parking that way at work or in SF? :-) One might get a ticket and many dirty looks. Of course, the work and SF spaces don't belong to us. And Jason would want me to point out that he can back out of the parking garage more quickly this way.

Jason did offer to rent me his second parking space (I guess 'cause we're cousins :-), but I declined because I need to watch my budget.

Also, on the freeway this week, Jason and I witnessed a strange accident:

From Accident on freeway
Yes, the red Corvette has somehow slipped underneath the Mercedes! A bunch of cars had stopped suddenly, but the red Corvette was a little late. We saw its hood fly off; it is on the ground on the right side. I can only imagine how scary the accident was for both the guys in the Corvette, and for the woman in the Mercedes! Thankfully, it looked like no one was seriously hurt.

No comments: