Monday, December 01, 2008

A Fong Thanksgiving

So I had my first Thanksgiving with my Seattle relatives. I was warned beforehand that they like to eat a lot for Thanksgiving. "That's strange," I thought. "We seem to eat well already for regular family events."

From David, Wai, Sophie, Mae
Anyway, they were right. I don't think we had any more food than the average American Thanksgiving, but we ate together the entire week! Several events culminated this week: Mom visited, Uncle David flew up from Los Angeles, Uncle Wai closed his sub sandwich shop for Thanksgiving weekend, and Jubilee, my first-cousin-once-removed, had her first birthday! This resulted in really nice meals the entire week: Sunday night (church Thanksgiving), Sunday night again (Wai's birthday), Tuesday night (David's birthday), Wednesday lunch (Wai's subs) and dinner (fancy burgers and wine with David and Mae), Thursday lunch (Wai's dim sum) and dinner (Thanksgiving), Friday lunch (Wai's dim sum) and dinner (turkey jook/porridge), and Sunday dinner (Jubilee's birthday).

From Thanksgiving!
Of course, I feel undeservedly lucky. (Is that like grace?) However, I am really happy that I again got to know some of my relatives better. Many aren't even my blood relatives, but they still have been very kind to me.

From Wii Fit
My Wii Fit helped quantify this week's feasting: I gained 4.6 pounds since Tuesday! On the other hand, before this week I was worried that I was losing too much weight. Silly me.

Notice that my Mii says, "I ate too much . . ."

3 comments:

Passionate Eater said...

I was just going to leave a message on your Facebook wall, when I saw a link to your website. I am so glad that you had a great Thanksgiving and are getting back to Wii Fit! We all miss you and hope you are well.

Passionate Eater said...

Oh, and do you know who this is? :) If not, I will let you guess. I am someone from SF GrX and know a man named Stanley, very well.

Geoff Hom said...

Hi Jone! It is good to hear from you. You have kept up quite the blog. I guess we are opposites in our treatment of food. :-)