Saturday, April 29, 2006

My house, my labmates, and me . . . sort of

I guess you could call these teaser pics.

This Google map shows where I live. It's not exactly the house marked on the map, but I rent a room in a house on that street. To the south is the Quarry Shopping Center, which has a Target, a Rainbow Foods grocery store (open 24 hours!), Home Depot, Pet Smart, a video store, and some other shops. So, I literally live a stone's throw from many modern conveniences. Did you know that Target was started in Minnesota in 1962?

Despite being right behind a shopping center, the neighborhood is safe and quiet. It also has quick access to the freeway (see inset in lower-right corner). Now I just need a car.

I wanted to put up some pics of my labmates. However, I don't really have any right now. Well, there is this one:


Suffice it to say, we do a lot of genetic engineering in my lab. (Just kidding!)

I am sorry for not having many pics of myself. I am still getting used to the weather. For Minnesotans, 50°F might be t-shirt weather, but I would rather be wearing a balaclava. (This pic was taken when Tyson, Shira, and I went around Lake Nokomis.)

No comments: