Friday, April 14, 2006

Winter to Summer in one week


It's been California-warm this week. Actually, I seemed to arrive right at the transition from Winter to Spring. There was tons of snow on the ground on March 24. I saw all kinds of cool ice formations and had fun making snowballs. (I've lived in California my whole life.) The grass was so brown, I thought it was dead and that everyone would need to reseed it.

Almost one week later, the weather started to get warm, it rained, the snow melted away, and the brown grass started to show some green. It really wasn't dead! It was just sleeping! :-) The picture of the houses was taken one week after I arrived, less than one week after I visited the cherry spoon in the snow! Notice how each house is a little different on the front.


One week after that, the weather reached 70°F. The average for this time of year is like 49°F. Anyway, people were out on the grass in droves. I haven't explored the U. of Minn. campus much, but it sure seems pretty.

I heard someone else comment how the weather is already like Summer, and that we skipped Spring. Global warming?

Oh, don't forget that you can click on any pic to see a larger version. I recommend checking out the ice one. :-)

No comments: