Sunday, April 23, 2006

Where I work: Nils Hasselmo Hall

I currently work in Nils Hasselmo Hall (NHH). Nils Hasselmo was university president from '87 to'96. (The building was formerly called the Basic Sciences and Biomedical Engineering (BSBE) building, but it was renamed in 2005.) I think NHH is almost ten years old, but it looks brand new to me.

NHH is just gorgeous, inside and out. There is much more glass (and thus light) in the newer buildings than I would have expected. I imagined all these solid brick buildings, to protect against the wear and tear of the cold winters. However, my friend Tyson said that Minnesotans value warmth, but they value sunlight even more. Makes sense to me! :-)

NHH is right next to the student union. So I'm really close to the post office, bank, cafeteria, and bowling alley. In this pic, the student union is in the foreground and the rear of NHH is in the background, to the right.


NHH looks nice at night, too.

3 comments:

jason said...

cool... right now i'm messing with a comp in avery trying to get my own blog working... but of course nothing's working. which reminds me that i should be working, on e11 and cs148 :)

peace, ttyl!

asdf said...

this nhh building was majorly renovated the last couple of years. it was basically a dump the whole time i was there, but nowadays, it looks good.

Anonymous said...

looks cool!